Dallas / Fort Worth Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 12:41 AM CDT on October 02, 2014
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on October 02, 2014
... Flash Flood Watch in effect through this evening...
The National Weather Service in St Louis has expanded the
* Flash Flood Watch to include portions of Illinois and
Missouri... including the following counties... in Illinois...
Adams IL... Brown IL... Calhoun IL... Greene IL... Jersey IL...
Macoupin IL... Montgomery IL and Pike IL. In Missouri... Knox
MO... Lewis MO... Lincoln MO... Marion MO... Pike MO... Ralls MO...
Shelby MO and Warren MO.
* Through this evening
* heavy rain is expected to come in waves of thunderstorms
overnight and during the day on Thursday. Rainfall amounts in
excess of 3 inches with locally higher amounts are possible.
* Heavy rainfall will result in flooding of low lying or poor
drainage areas... and ultimately dangerous flash flooding on
smaller creeks and streams. Significant rises on larger
streams and rivers will also be possible.
A Flash Flood Watch means that flash flooding is possible but not
imminent in the watch area. People in the watch area should be
aware of the possibility of heavy rainfall and flash flooding.
Check your preparedness requirements... especially if you live in
flood prone areas. Stay informed... and be ready for quick action
if flooding is observed or if a Flash Flood Warning is issued.
- Arkansas - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- California - Wind Advisory , Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning, Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Heat Advisory , Wind Advisory, Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement , Beach Hazard Statement
- Colorado - Freeze Warning , Frost Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning
- Georgia - Flood Warning
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory , High Wind Advisory
- Idaho - Frost Advisory
- Illinois - Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch
- Indiana - Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory
- Kansas - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Kentucky - Special Statement
- Maine - Dense Fog Advisory
- Maryland - Coastal Flood Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Michigan - Special Statement
- Minnesota - Dense Fog Advisory
- Mississippi - Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory
- Nebraska - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Nevada - Freeze Warning , Record Report
- New Mexico - Special Statement
- North Carolina - Special Statement , Record Report
- Ohio - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Oklahoma - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Oregon - Freeze Warning, Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Pennsylvania - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Tennessee - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Texas - Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Special Weather Statement
- Utah - Freeze Warning
- Virginia - Special Statement , Record Report
- West Virginia - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Wisconsin - Dense Fog Advisory