Dallas / Fort Worth Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 5:05 PM CDT on October 01, 2014
Expires 6:45 PM EDT on October 01, 2014
... A Tornado Warning remains in effect for northern Osage... northern
Cole... southern Callaway and southeastern Boone counties until 545 PM
At 503 PM CDT... a severe thunderstorm capable of producing a tornado
was located near New Bloomfield... and moving northeast at 25 mph.
Hazard... tornado and quarter size hail.
Source... radar indicated rotation.
Impact... flying debris will be dangerous to those caught without
shelter. Mobile homes will be damaged or destroyed. Damage
to roofs... windows and vehicles will occur. Tree damage is
This dangerous storm will be near...
New Bloomfield around 510 PM CDT.
Other locations in the warning include Guthrie and Carrington.
This warning includes Clarks Hill/Norton historic site and Jefferson
Landing historic site.
Take cover now. Move to an interior room on the lowest floor of a
sturdy building. Avoid windows. If in a Mobile home... a vehicle or
outdoors... move to the closest substantial shelter and protect
yourself from flying debris.
Lat... Lon 3887 9173 3852 9175 3852 9238 3880 9235
time... Mot... loc 2205z 227deg 21kt 3873 9214
Tornado... radar indicated
Statement as of 5:03 PM CDT on October 01, 2014
Expires 11:00 PM EDT on October 01, 2014
Tornado Watch 511 remains in effect until 1000 PM CDT for the
. Missouri counties included are
Audrain Barton Bates
Benton Boone Callaway
Camden Cass Cedar
Cole Cooper Crawford
Dade Dallas Franklin
Gasconade Henry Hickory
Howard Jasper Johnson
Laclede Lafayette Maries
Miller Moniteau Montgomery
Morgan Newton Osage
Pettis Phelps Polk
Pulaski St. Clair Saline
Vernon Warren Washington
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 2:53 PM CDT on October 01, 2014
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on October 02, 2014
... Flash Flood Watch in effect from 7 PM CDT this evening through
The National Weather Service in St Louis has issued a
* Flash Flood Watch for portions of central Missouri... east
central Missouri and northeast Missouri... including the
following counties... in central Missouri... Audrain MO... Boone
MO... Callaway MO... Cole MO... Moniteau MO and Osage MO. In
east central Missouri... Gasconade MO and Montgomery MO. In
northeast Missouri... Monroe MO.
* From 7 PM CDT this evening through Thursday evening
* heavy rain is expected to develop this evening and persist over
parts of the area tonight. There are indications that several
rounds of thunderstorms may train over the same locations
tonight into Thursday producing pockets of very heavy rain.
Rainfall amounts in excess of 3 inches with locally higher
amounts are possible.
* Heavy rainfall will result in flooding of low lying or poor
drainage areas... and ultimately dangerous flash flooding on
smaller creeks and streams. Significant rises on larger
streams and rivers will also be possible.
A Flash Flood Watch means that flash flooding is possible but not
imminent in the watch area. People in the watch area should be
aware of the possibility of heavy rainfall and flash flooding.
Check your preparedness requirements... especially if you live in
flood prone areas. Stay informed... and be ready for quick action
if flooding is observed or if a Flash Flood Warning is issued.
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 3:00 PM CDT on October 01, 2014
... Safety rules for flash floods...
A Flash Flood Watch has been issued by the National Weather
Service. In the interest of public safety, the following
safety rules are provided. Public and commercial broadcast
stations serving the affected area are asked to broadcast these
safety messages frequently while the watch is in effect.
As a reminder, a Flash Flood Watch means conditions in and close
to the watch area are favorable for the rapid development of
flooding. People who live in flood prone areas should carefully
monitor weather conditions and be prepared to take immediate
action should flooding begin to develop.
A Flash Flood Warning means flooding is occurring or imminent.
People in the warned area should take immediate action to save
lives and protect property.
Flash flooding causes more deaths annually than any other
weather related disaster. Most flash flood deaths occur in
automobiles. Never attempt to drive across flooded roadways.
Two feet of water can move most vehicles. If your vehicle is
caught in rapidly rising water, abandon it quickly and move
to higher ground.
Small streams, creeks, and rivers are potential killers
during heavy rains. Heavy rainfall can lead to rapid rises
pushing waterways out of their banks. Campers should avoid
camping along streams or creeks during threatening rains.
Also remember that the heavy rain may occur well upstream from
your immediate area. Never attempt to cross a flowing
stream, even a small one, on foot. If you are near a stream
and observe rapidly rising water, move to higher ground
Be especially cautious at night when it is harder to recognize
the dangers of flash floods. If flash flooding or rapidly
rising water is observed, move to higher ground immediately.
If you live in flood prone areas, be especially alert during
heavy rain. Flooding can often occur with little or no
- Alabama - Public Information Statement
- Alaska - Record Report
- California - Wind Advisory, Heat Advisory , Freeze Warning , Frost Advisory, Freeze Warning , Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Special Weather Statement , Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Flood Warning
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory , High Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Idaho - Frost Advisory
- Illinois - Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Tornado Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Maryland - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Massachusetts - Areal Flood Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Tornado Warning , Tornado Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Nebraska - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Nevada - Freeze Warning , Record Report
- New Hampshire - Public Information Statement
- New Mexico - Special Statement
- New York - Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Tornado Watch
- Oregon - Freeze Warning , Frost Advisory, Freeze Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Pennsylvania - Public Information Statement
- Rhode Island - Public Information Statement
- South Dakota - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Texas - Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Special Weather Statement , Record Report
- Utah - Freeze Warning , Public Information Statement
- Vermont - Public Information Statement
- Washington - Special Statement
- Wisconsin - Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Record Report