Current Watches and Warnings
North Dakota, Foster
Statement as of 3:09 AM CST on February 06, 2016
Expires 7:00 AM EST on February 08, 2016
... Blizzard Warning in effect from midnight tonight to 6 am CST
The National Weather Service in Bismarck has issued a Blizzard
Warning... which is in effect from midnight tonight to 6 am CST
Monday. The blizzard watch is no longer in effect.
* Blizzard conditions late Saturday night through late Sunday
* Winds gusting as high as 60 mph will cause whiteout conditions
in blowing snow. Damage to trees and power lines is possible.
* Total snow accumulations of 1 to 3 inches... with localized
amounts up to 6 inches across The Turtle mountains.
* Travel will be very difficult to impossible.
A Blizzard Warning means severe winter weather conditions are
expected or occurring. Falling and blowing snow with strong winds
and poor visibilities are likely. This will lead to whiteout
conditions... making travel extremely dangerous. Do not travel. If
you must travel... have a winter survival kit with you. If you get
stranded... stay with your vehicle.
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 4:40 AM CST on February 06, 2016
... Public information statement...
... Safety rules for blizzard warnings...
A Blizzard Warning has been issued by your National Weather
Service in North Dakota. The following safety rules should insure
Do not venture out into the storm unless absolutely necessary.
Most winter storm fatalities involve people who left a place of
safety while the storm was in progress.
On the Road... you should have winter survival gear in your
vehicle. If stranded in the storm... stay in your vehicle. Run the
engine sparingly to conserve fuel. Keep your exhaust pipe clear of
Circulate fresh air in the car by opening one of the windows
slightly. Turn on the dome light at night. Maintain a continuous
watch and do not let everyone in the vehicle sleep at the same time.
If you must get out of your vehicle during the storm... tie a
lifeline to you and the vehicle.
Monitor the latest weather reports... if possible... and wait
patiently for the storm to subside.
- Alabama - Flood Warning
- Alaska - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Watch
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- California - Wind Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- Colorado - Dense Fog Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Record Report
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Beach Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Idaho - Winter Weather Advisory , Air Quality Alert
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Blizzard Watch , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Flood Warning
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maine - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Flood Advisory , Lake Effect Snow Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Blizzard Watch , Winter Storm Watch , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Mississippi - Flood Warning
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Montana - High Wind Watch , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Nebraska - High Wind Watch , Dense Fog Advisory , Public Information Statement
- New Jersey - Record Report
- New York - Record Report
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Watch , High Wind Watch , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - High Wind Warning , Blizzard Watch , Blizzard Warning , Public Information Statement
- Puerto Rico - Coastal Hazard Statement
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Lake Wind Advisory , Hydrologic Statement , Public Information Statement
- South Dakota - High Wind Watch , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Blizzard Watch , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Tennessee - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- Virgin Islands - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Virginia - Flood Warning , Hydrologic Statement , Special Statement , Record Report
- Washington - Record Report
- West Virginia - Record Report
- Wyoming - High Wind Warning , High Wind Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement